How does Enrich@ILT work?
Enrich@ILT operates one-day-a-week classes that provides specialised curriculum with specialised staff for 7-11 year olds (Year 3-6 students) from local state schools who have been identified as having outstanding academic and/or creative ability.
Students attend the programme outside of their normal schools one day a week.
Students are referred to the programme based on outstanding academic and/or creative ability (or potential ability), identified by their school and/or family.
This referral is followed by a workshop with the specialist Entry Selection Team. Data from multiple sources is gathered, triangulated and analysed to Entry Selection benchmarks.
5 day Specialist Gifted Programme
Enrich@ILT offers a differentiated programme which encompasses acceleration, extension and enrichment in order to meet students’ individual needs. This individualisation ensures both engaged and motivated learners, but also the opportunity to develop individual characteristics and skills.
Points of difference at Enrich@ILT
- Students work with like minds
- Focus on student's strengths
- Specialised staff, curriculum and resourcing
- Low pupil teacher ratio
- Flexible timetabling and learning spaces
- ICT rich environment
- Individualised learning pathways
- Vertically grouped classes
Students attending Enrich@ILT interact with like minds to:
- Develop an understanding of themselves as gifted individuals
- Explore and develop gifts, talents and interests
- Experience and embrace new challenges
- Focus on creativity and innovation
- Engage in abstract and complex learning