Well the big night has been and what a tremendous sense of pride we all feel for what the children achieved. This was definitely a powerful context for personal development, we all felt the fear and did it anyway. Children learned to dance, practice box steps and grapevines and memorised routines and left and right! Quite an achievement for the many reluctant dancers amongst us. The students that performed A Midsummer Night's Dream had to commit their lines to memory, practice enunciation, inflection and learn to stay in role and portray their character. Splitting the play between two separate days was also challenging but necessary to expose as many students to the stage as we could manage.
It is pleasing that the majority of our students accepted the challenge , used the taught strategies to manage the anxious moments and survived to feel a sense of pride in what they achieved. Trust me when the curtain came down, the excitement and celebration was unbelievably chaotic but so much fun! Thank you so much for the support, selling over 430 seats was a surprise to us but certainly made it all worthwhile.
In the words of Railyn " This was the best day of my life!"
Making memories, we hope you enjoy the photos of the rehearsal, and the one video we managed to get from back stage.
Important information pertaining to our enrich@ILT expose is within the file below.
Tovia has continued to learn the seamstress skills of sewing, cutting, pinning and today got to complete her first clothing item! So exciting, and fits perfectly. Thanks to our expert Trish from Institches for her time and expertise.
"now what are we going to have for lunch?" an exciting story on the raising and releasing of the enrich@ILT salmon
They are bright silver on the underside but grey on the top and rather small and their name starts with a S. Guess what they are!? Of course their the enrich @ILT’s SALMON!! And this is their life story. Read on…
It all started late term 2 when a fish tank appeared in the far left corner of the center. Soon after (two or three days) we received 50 pinky orange eggs about 3mm in diameter. Several weeks later in the holidays the first ones had hatched and we started the whole water testing and changing shenanigans. For the first few weeks the water changing was not a problem but as they got older we were changing it more and more until it was one or two changes per day. For a while it was like this until now where we decided to release them on this day (2/11/17) and we went out to oreti after deciding on a good place to release them. In the end we released them under the iron bridge. But this whole thing wouldn’t have happened without the help of Cohen from Southland Fish & Game who guided us the whole way to release.
I hope you enjoyed reading this article. Thank you for checkin it out.
Here are some photos:
Article by Ollie Speight (Y6)